Brandon and I have begun to look at the possibility of getting married somewhere other than northern VA. This is still all up in the air as we are trying to take it all in and make the best decision for us. We have become frustrated with the amount of money that we will need to spend in order to get married in this area. It is quite outrageous!!
Another possibility that we are looking into is getting married in Erie, PA. Brandon and I met at Edinboro University just south of Erie and spent the beginning of our relationship in the Erie area. In looking at the difference in prices, we could save thousands of dollars by getting married and having our reception in Erie. Just a thought that we are considering right now. There is a new Sheraton Hotel that has been built along the Bayfront which looks out onto the water. This may be a possibility. We will keep you posted!
To follow up with our day in court, nothing happened. Brandon's old boss could not be found to serve the papers for the court date. Therefore, we dismissed the case without prejudice. Our lawyer refiled the case against the boss personally and against the company. Our next court date will be in November.
Also, not so good news about the Master's program for Brandon. We just found out that he has not worked for the county long enough to apply for the program. They told him that he could apply again next year if he wanted.
On a side note, I had a very touching moment at work today. I finally was able to make a connection with one of my little guys who is three-years-old with autism. For the first time ever, he spontaneously said my name while greeting me. This may not sound like that big of a deal but I almost cried because I have been working with him since July and he is just now increasing his social awareness and use of language with me. Even though it sounds small, it was a HUGE break through!
No comments:
Post a Comment