My mom, some of my friends, Debbie, Charlotte and Debbie, and I went dress shopping on Saturday at David's Bridal and I found MY DRESS!! I had picked out a few dresses from their website before going in and one of them, I had looked at over and over on the Internet. I absolutely loved the dress in the picture but you can never tell until you actually try it on. I loved it so much in the picture that I was hoping it would also look good on and it did. When we got there, I gave the style numbers of the dresses to the consultant and she pulled them for me to try on. I tried on the one that I loved first and none of the others compared. I put the first one on a second time and new it was the one! Yay, I said yes to the dress! I did not purchase it that day because I want to check some other places to see if I can get it cheaper but if not, I will buy it from David's Bridal. The consultant said I should place the order by January to give enough time for alterations which will be needed because I am right in between two sizes.
Since I had found my dress so quickly, we had about 45 minutes left of the hour and a half appointment time. I had two of my bridesmaids with me so we looked around for bridesmaids dresses during the remaining time. We found a dress with the same type of embroidery as mine just not as much so I had them try it on and I really liked it. The girls also said that they were comfortable in the dress as well. The only problem is that it is a but pricey. I do not want my girls to have to spend an arm and a leg on their dress so I am checking other websites and places to see if we can find it cheaper because it really does look good with my dress. The style number is F11165 if you want to check it out at davidsbridal.com in the wine color.
I am still working on getting a block of rooms at a hotel in Erie at a discounted rate. Erie is a popular place in the summer because of the lake and therefore hotel prices are very expensive. I have a block set aside at the Bayfront Sheraton already. The cost is $149 per night for Friday 7/31/09 and Saturday 8/1/09 (the undiscounted rate is $200+ per night). You are able to call and book there anytime now, just ask for the Baker/Landas Wedding. The number is (814) 454-2005. If you call and I have run out of rooms, just let me know and I can increase the blocked number with the wedding planner at the hotel. I do plan on working with another hotel in the area, to get another discounted room rate as I know the Sheraton is pricey. I have another hotel that has quoted me $129 per night which is still pricey but the cheapest in the area. There are hotels offering cheaper prices but they are quite a ways away from the reception site and church. I will keep you updated with the hotel info.
1 comment:
you all could not have picked a better date for the diasporaed gibsons. your wedding is the week after one of our cousins...also in Erie. We plan to just make a NY/PA week of it. we are really excited for you both.
Post a Comment