Our SECOND blizzard this winter (booo! I feel like I am back in Edinboro) started this past Friday in the mid afternoon. Since I only work half day on Fridays, I got home around 12:30 and Brandon and I hit the store for some supplies. Typically we would not have been those people who "stock up" before the big storm but Brandon's mom was in town so we thought we had better get some meals to make. I was determined to make crock pot pork chops on Saturday and chili for the super bowl. Well three stores later, we finally found some ground turkey for the chili! We got home just in time as the snow began to stick just as we were leaving the grocery store. Brandon's mom, Brandon and I were prepared to hunker down for the weekend.
We woke up Saturday morning to no power which means no heat. It had gone out at about 5 am. It was very cold in my house. I tried to layer so I could be up and about in the house but it was just too cold. So back to bed it was! I was able to keep warm in bed. There are still people without power from that storm! The power came back on around 3 pm and snow stopped around 6 pm. Brandon had spent most of the day out shoveling but the accumulations were relentless. When all was said and done we ended up with 32.5 inches of snow. Unlike our blizzard in December, this blizzard caused massive damage throughout the area. The number of people without power and who still remain without power is really sad. Many accidents occurred from the storm including a boy who got hit by a car while sledding not to mention the structural damages. Many roofs of houses and schools have collapsed including an airport hanger. At the conclusion of this storm, we had had more snow total for this winter than both Erie, PA and Buffalo, NY! So not cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment