I had the opportunity to meet up with some friends on Friday night to celebrate Cyndy's birthday. We began talking weddings and Debbie H. really inspired me to begin planning so I did. She has really been able to give me some great ideas since she and her husband got married in the area last year.
I got up this morning and began calling places that I had researched on the Internet. We have some appointments to check out reception sites on Friday. When I called the church, I was a little disappointed in the process but we have to do what we have to do. I was told that before we can even talk about available dates, we have to attend a marriage prep class at the church and the next class is not until 9/2/08. After that, we have to complete a compatibility questionnaire which takes about 2 weeks to process and then we have to meet with our priest to go over the results and then we are able to look at available wedding dates if the priest approves.
I expected us to have to take a marriage class at church but I was under the impression that it would take place closer to the wedding. But oh well, I'm learning the wedding planning process as I go.
This means that we will not be able to set a specific date until mid to late September. We are still hoping that the wedding will take place sometime during September of 2009.
2 comments:
Hi Guys!! A Blog! What a great idea to keep us all up to date. Tyler and I may have to do the same one day...
Congrats on the commencement of nuptial planning. I know you have lots of girlfriends and help put there, but if there is anything I can do from here to assist you in any way, please let me know.
Good luck and lots of love!!
Diana
Post a Comment