Monday, September 8, 2008

Hanna

For those of you who are wondering, tropical storm Hanna did make it's way through our area this past weekend. I'm not sure when it started but it was raining when I woke up Saturday morning and continued to rain throughout the day. We did have some strong winds accompany the rain but we did not experience any damage. We did stay inside for most of the day. Brandon ended up painting the ceiling of the stairwell which he had wanted to do for a while and I got caught up on some laundry and house cleaning. Finally around 6:00, the rain stopped! This was perfect timing because we were celebrating my friend, Jamie's birthday on Saturday night with dinner at 7:00. I was really dreading heading out in the rain but was pleasantly surprised that it had stopped.

Come to found out, we did have power outages, some wind damage and flooded roads in the area. The rain totaled 5 inches according to Dulles Airport reports. Our neighborhood and surrounding vicinity were not impacted. For us, all Hanna ended up being was a very rainy, windy day spent inside! Thank goodness.

No comments: