Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Next Chapter

I'm really not sure if anyone reads this blog anymore since I started it to keep people updated about the wedding and now the wedding has happened. In case anyone still does, I am keeping you updated =)

So Brandon and I have begun to talk about babies. We are both wanting to move on to the next chapter of our lives which we hope will be being parents. Several factors are playing into the decision as to when this will happen! First being money. We want to be financially stable before bringing a baby into this world. Don't worry, I have worked out a budget and as long as we stay on budget, we are able to save money each month! We need to save enough for a maternity leave for me since I don't get any maternity benefits. The second factor, and more importantly, is my heart. For anyone reading who doesn't know, I have had a heart condition since birth called bicuspid aortic valve (BAV) which causes a heart murmur. This condition has never caused me to be on meds or be on restriction. It's just kind of been there. My doctors want to make sure that my heart and body can handle being pregnant. We are also exploring the genetic factors to determine the risk of passing a heart problem onto a baby. We will begin to explore these health issues at my doctor appointment on March 12. It will probably be months before we have a decision because we all know how quickly the health industry moves. I'll keep you posted!

Brandon and I are hopeful that we will be able to have our own child. However, we have discussed that if this is not possible because of my health or the risk to a baby, we are open to exploring other options. Only time will tell what the future holds for us!

2 comments:

Mrs. Haynie said...

I read your blog. :) I hope that all the tests come back ok and we hear baby news is in your near future! You guys will be great parents. :)

Keira said...

What an exciting time! I'll keep you guys in my prayers and hope it all goes well!